Efficiently change color space for vaapih264enc

ambyjkl ambareeshbalaji at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:49:02 UTC 2019

Hey vmij
That worked! I did try it before, but at that time, possibly due to some
other mistake in my pipeline, vaapipostproc didn't satisfy the caps on both
sides. That lead me into believing it's only for "post"
processing.Misleading name indeed.

Also, there is another question I wanted to ask you, and that is how
ximagesrc works in the scenario. Is there some copying involved there as
well, or does it just copy memory references? Does vaapi manage to keep it
in the GPU? It would be for the best to avoid any and all CPU overhead as
much as possible.

Thanks