Writing GstMiniObject in Vala

Fabián Orccón cfoch.fabian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 04:26:29 UTC 2019

Hello,
I was writing a GstMiniObject in C which internally had a hash table with
hash table values that now have hash table values.

Later, I was thinking about my implementation, and I was thinking that my
code could be more scalable if instead of 3 levels of hash tables would be
better to have 4 levels (hash table with hash table values that have values
that are ... ). Now I have to change almost a thousand of lines.

Using a hash tables is very easy to handle, but if then if I have to change
something, changes are enormous on C. So I was thinking on writing my
GstMiniObject in Vala instead of C, so I could use the generated C code in
the pure C part of my library.

Is it viable to write a GstMiniObject in Vala to use it on C code?

Thanks,
Fabián Orccón