RTSP server maxes out 1 CPU core

wilson1994 willemsthomas1994 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 13:32:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to use gst-rtsp-server to transfer an uncompressed video stream
with a high frame rate (>80 fps) over a dedicated network to 1 client.

My pipeline setup is quite simple and looks like this:

    gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch (factory, "( appsrc name=source !
rtpgstpay name=pay0 )");

I notice that the bottleneck is that I max out 1 core of my CPU, while the
others are not in use, which prevents me from achieving the required frame
rate.

A solution would be to insert a queue to divide the pipeline into multiple
threads, but 90% of the pipeline is unexposed to me as it's integrated in
the gst-rtsp-server.

Therefore I wonder if there is some way I can spread out the workload of
gst-rtsp-server over multiple cores?