InterVideoSrc CPU Utilization

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sun Sep 1 17:25:02 UTC 2019

Le dim. 1 sept. 2019 10 h 56, IgalKroyter <igalkroy at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Nicolas, hi,
>
> I'm trying to understand from NVidia what exactly they do, in the meanwhile
> could you please help me with indicating the flags of the relevant memory.
> I added a callback to the src pad of the intervideosrc. There I get a
> GstBuffer, from which I obtain the GstMemory (gst_buffer_get_memory(buf,
> 0))
> (I tried to get higher indeces but I got failure, so I guess there is only
> one memory attached to one buffer). Then I printed
> GST_MEMORY_IS_NO_SHARE(mem) and I got 0, meaning that the memory is shared.
> 1. Is it the correct method to obtain wether a memory of a buffer is
> shared?
> 2. If the memory is shared what else could utilize CPU?

No-share was just a suggestion. First step should be to locate the memory
copy that causes the high cpu usage (assuming it's a memory copy and not a
nvmemory <-> sysmemory roundtrip issue). On modern OS people would use
generic profiler like perf or sysprof, you could also try just enabling
GST_PERFORMANCE:7 debug category.

When the exact cause of cpu usage is found, then you will be able to debug
further