KLV stream not detected in gstreamer 1.0

Arturo Flores arflobow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:39:00 UTC 2019

I am having issues with gstreamer 1.0 detecting KLV streams.
I  found publicly available videos where gstreamer 1.0 fails to detect a
KLV stream.  Any of the videos found here:
https://data.kitware.com/#collection/56f56db28d777f753209ba9f/folder/56f57fa48d777f753209c713
 exhibit the following:
* ffprobe detects a klv stream
* gst-discoverer-0.10 detects a klv stream
* gst-discoverer-1.0 does NOT detect a klv stream.

Any idea why this might be?  Please let me know if you need additional
information.

For context, this is from an old thread:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2019-August/072619.html
.
Actually, this is where I tried to revive the discussion, but my post there
went unnoticed.  I can't seem to find a way to link to the original post
from a year or so ago.

Arturo