Libav and VA-API install in Fedora

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Sep 9 13:43:05 UTC 2019

Le lun. 9 sept. 2019 07 h 56, Daniel Vernon <daniel.vernon at synx.com> a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the basic question, but I'm just starting to use Fedora 30 and
> cannot work out how to install the Libav and VA-API packages for
> GStreamer.
> (In pipelines I am wanting to use elements 'avdec_h264' and
> 'vaapidecodebin')
>
> With Ubuntu I used to use these commands:-
> sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-libav

Fedora does not ship this one. You can use repository from rpmfusion.org,
the package name is the gstreamer1-libav.

sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-vaapi

This one is named gstreamer1-vaapi

  sudo dnf install gstreamer1-vaapi

Make sure the lower level is right by running vainfo, that will list driver
and functions (codec and vpp) available for your hardware.