Libav and VA-API install in Fedora

Daniel Vernon daniel.vernon at synx.com
Mon Sep 9 14:43:40 UTC 2019

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply.

The command "sudo dnf install gstreamer1-vaapi" worked fine, but for
gstreamer1-libav I kept getting "Error: Unable to find a match".

I then found page  https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration
<https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration>   and installed both "RPM Fusion free
for Fedora 30" and  "RPM Fusion nonfree for Fedora 30".  After that the
install for gstreamer1-libav appeared to work.

Unfortunately I think there's still something missing, because I get vainfo:
command not found.  After more searching I've also installed these:-

gstreamer1-plugins-bad-freeworld
gstreamer1-plugins-ugly
gstreamer1-plugins-good
gstreamer-plugins-bad-nonfree
gstreamer1-plugins-bad-nonfree

But when I try running vainfo I still get vainfo: command not found.  And
when I try gst-launch commands, it still says no element "avdec_h264" or
"vaapidecodebin"

I just wondered if you can think of anything else that could be missing?

Thanks,

Daniel Vernon