pushing appsrc with user data

venkata.subbarao rao.subba.venkata at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 13:44:46 UTC 2019

Hello,

We are developing an application using gstreamer where the source of the
gstreamer pipeline is from a video decoder. As a proof of concept we are
trying out simple program. We have used appsrc and successfully fed the
pipeline with yuv420p buffer and displayed using xvideo.

Our next requirement is to send the timestamp of the frame along with raw
yuv420p. We would like to get this back at the end of the pipeline. As a
proof of concept we are using fakesink and a callback as follows.

"appsrc is-live=true name=source caps=\"%s\" ! videoconvert ! myplugin !
fakesink sync=1"

  element = gst_bin_get_by_name (GST_BIN (g_app.pipeline), "fakesink0");
  g_object_set (G_OBJECT (element), "signal-handoffs", TRUE, NULL);
  g_signal_connect (element, "handoff", G_CALLBACK (on_gst_buffer), NULL);
  gst_object_unref (element);

Now inside on_gst_buffer(), we would like to get the timestamp sent along
with appsrc. Any suggestions how to do this ?

Thanks,
Venkata Subbarao