Asynchronous KLV data to mpegtsmux locking up stream

scottca scottca at ornl.gov
Thu Sep 26 21:57:26 UTC 2019

I need to demux and remux a transport stream that has asynchronous klv data
in it using mpegtsmux.
No problem with the video portion (without klv enabled), but with the klv
enabled the streaming stops as soon as it receives the first klv buffer. I
assumed it was because the klv has no pts timestamp (-1) set and the
mpegtsmux doesn't know when to add it?  I tried overwriting the klv
buffer.pts but it still stops. Is there something I am missing? Is there a
trick to make mpegtsmux pass through asyc klv data without any video frames
as they received? I added a queue on the klv stream but that did not help
either. Suggestions?