SRT streaming error

Samuel Hurst samuelh at rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu Aug 6 08:17:58 UTC 2020

On 05/08/2020 12:42, jahn wrote:
> Nicolas Dufresne-5 wrote
>> Most users will send a transport streams (mpegtsmux) to the element, and
>> use the alignment to control the size (alignment being a number of TS
>> packet, so N * 188 bytes). On top of which, you may need to pick a
>> compression method. Unfortunately, you have to know these things to use
>> GStreamer, but we can help here.
>
> Hello,
> Do you know what is the right container to use if I want to stream jpeg
> motion video and I get the same error as above,
> since the mpegtsmux doesn't accept image/jpeg format?

Hi,

As far as I'm aware, the only format which SRT supports is MPEG-TS, as
it's the only stream encapsulation format that they list in their I-D
[1] and in the SRT specification. You can do MJPEG over RTP though.

Best Regards,
Sam

[1]:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sharabayko-mops-srt-00#section-3.2.1.2