Unable to get the sample from Appsink using C++

RK29 giri_2984 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 20 15:42:30 UTC 2020

Hello,
I am stuck with this for 2 days now. Followed this example
https://github.com/VolDonets/webrtc_gst_rpi/blob/d1c0bb3014bda186e12a44cf58d1e0d96a0f9d16/send_recv.cpp

By running timer { GstSample* sample =
gst_app_sink_pull_sample((GstAppSink*)(sink));}. The sample always returns
null? sink is GstElement*

gst_element_sync_state_with_parent (sink); where sink is GstAppSink* throws
error Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error (active) E0513 a value of type "GstElement *" cannot be assigned to an
entity of type "GstAppSink *

and I am trying to get the DataPtr of the RGBA frame. Let me know if you
know a way. Thanks!