RTSP server access to pipeline bus

colmekik iank at colmek.com
Thu Aug 20 16:52:25 UTC 2020

I’ve set up a GStreamer RTSP server and gotten it working to stream both
audio and video the way I’d like. I’m looking for a way to keep track of the
health of the pipelines doing the streaming, e.g. an issue happens with the
live stream camera, the mic has problems. I’ve been poking around the rtsp
server’s source and I haven’t found a great place/way to set up call backs
to monitor if the pipeline errors.

If it were a simple pipeline I'd be able to get the bus from the pipeline
and watch for messages.  Is there a way to do this with the rtsp server?