Muxing h264 video with sparse klv with Mpegtsmux

cbourget charlesbourget657 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:06:11 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a pipeline which could record a video stream
through a udpsink and mux it with a klv stream received through a udpsink
also. As long as both streams are received the recording works perfectly but
as soon as the klv stream stop (which could happen in the context of my
application) the recording stops.

I did some research and found that technically as long as my stream are
live-stream it could handle the interruption but it doesn't seems to be
working. Here is the pipeline I am using :

gst-launch-1.0 -vm udpsrc uri=udp://224.0.0.1:5001 ! application/x-rtp,
encoding-name=H264, payload=96 ! rtph264depay ! video/x-h264,
stream-format=byte-stream, alignement=nal ! muxer. udpsrc
uri=udp://224.0.0.1:5000 ! meta/x-klv, parsed=true ! muxer. mpegtsmux
name=muxer ! filesink location=/home/charles/test.mpg

To stream the video I use the following pipeline :
gst-launch-1.0 -vm videotestsrc pattern=ball is-live=true ! video/x-raw,
width=300, height=300 ! x264enc tune=4 ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=224.0.0.1
port=5001

The KLV data comes from an application which sends it through udp.

I am wondering if there is an option or an element which could solve my
problem or if there is a mistake in my pipeline.

Thank you in advance for your suggestion!

Charles Bourget