Buffering 'muxed' data with queue

Peter Biro pettair at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:21:36 UTC 2020

Hi,

I would like to use a queue to buffer muxed data. My use case is that I
need to record audio and video (for a preconfigured time) from before the
user activates the recording, so to record pre-event data.

A simplified version of my pipeline:

audiotestsrc ! vorbisenc ! queue ! file_sink_video_mux.
videotestsrc ! nvvidconv ! nvv4l2vp8enc ! queue ! webmmux
name=file_sink_video_mux! queue name=file_sink_queue ! filesink
name=file_sink location=/tmp/video_out.webm

(Besides that the pipeline has other brancher for live video feedback and
streaming, and using real audio and video sources).

And what Im doing on the application side is the I set the
queue's 'max-size-time' property for buffering and blocking its pad until
the record request arrives, and in theory when the user enables recording
the pre event data would come from the queue and after it would be a
regular live recording.

My question here is if this is possible to do with muxed data or not (I can
do something similar with the queues before the mux but there it would be
more complex to do and would affect other parts of the pipeline).

Thanks!

Peter