New, also help on dealing with multiple audio streams using gstreamer-rs

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Dec 17 08:19:19 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-12-16 at 20:25 +0000, Michael Johnson wrote:
> Ah yes. Properties is highly useful. However, n-audio is by default
> 0, which is strange because I have 5 audio tracks

Connect to the "audio-changed" signal and whenever that is emitted,
check the value.

Before the playbin is in PAUSED state, you will always get 0
audio/video/text tracks.

> Also setting
> pipeline.set_property("current-audio",&2) doesn't change the track.
> I'm pretty sure it's because I'm giving the wrong second argument

Same as above, you have to set it after the playbin is PLAYING.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com