Sending UDP stream from RPi 4 to PC (over ethernet)

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 09:37:33 UTC 2020

A video codec usually encoded using a YUV format as input. I'm guessing
from your results that your pipeline when no video format has been been set
for input to x264enc and no video profile has been set for x264enc output
and original raw video is BGR/RGB, the pipeline selects baseline as H.264
profile and Y444 as video format. These two are not combinable in the H.264
world

Try the following

    videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! x264enc ...

Alternatively

    x264enc tune=zerolatency speed-preset=ultrafast !
video/h-264,profile=high-4:4:4 ! h264parse ...

Note that the above can have a large impact on CPU-load, bandwidth and
quality

Best regards
Peter Maersk-Moller