Catching XIO error in gst python

Pavel Hofman pavel.hofman at ivitera.com
Thu Dec 31 13:31:33 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am starting a gstreamer video window in python Gst, waiting for the
ERROR and EOS messages as described in all the docs

msg = bus.timed_pop_filtered(
    Gst.CLOCK_TIME_NONE,
    Gst.MessageType.ERROR | Gst.MessageType.EOS
)

When the video window is closed (Alt+F4, mouse click), the python
program exits without leaving the timed_pop_filtered function, with
error message:

XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0" after 142 requests (68 known processed) with 1 events remaining.

As a result the python code does not run my exit handler which must kill
some extra processes running on the background (unclutter hiding mouse
cursor).

Please what is the proper way of exiting a Gst python application so
that the exit handler can be called?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Pavel.