ZeroCopy + AppSink + VAAPI + Qt

Víctor Jáquez vjaquez at igalia.com
Wed Feb 5 10:24:46 UTC 2020

On Wed, 05 Feb 2020 at 11:15, Víctor Jáquez wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 at 14:00, Timtchenko, Michael wrote:
> >
> > What context is supposed to get passed into gst_egl_image_from_dmabuf(xxx). Is
> > it the target context, where i want to use the fd, or is it a different one?
> >
> > But my biggest problem is, that i don't have a glue, how i can retrieve a
> > texture from the given eglimage resp. its fd. I cannot find any sources on the
> > web, related to EglImage texture-conversions or anything like that.
>
> Not an epxert, but you don't retrieve a texture from an EGLImage. You bind the
> EGLImage to a texture handled by your application's GL Context. Look for
> EGLImageTargetTexture2D

Another option would be to use the glupload element, so you appsink would
retrieve gl-based buffer which you can "map" with GST_MAP_GL flag and it will
return a texture ready to use. But, to achieve that, you must pass your
application's GL context, wrapping it inside a GstGLContext, to the pipeline
through the sync bus.

In gst-plugins-base code there are examples of this.

vmjl