AW: [External] Re: glupload + vaapi + appsink = texture leak?

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 07:53:49 UTC 2020

The difference between the two scenarios is the use of a
GstGLBufferPool.  GstGLBufferPool (GstBufferPool actually) will
implement the behaviour you're expecting to see by reusing freed
GstBuffers (and therefore GstMemory (GstGLMemory) and therefore
textures) and is used automatically in the gltestsrc or qmlglsink
cases.  GstGLBufferPool may not used be in a pipeline with a glupload
element directly into appsink.

There is no automatic reuse of texture ids within OpenGL itself.

Increasing texture ids is not indicative of a leak of textures.

Cheers
-Matt