Restarting splitmuxsink fails

Grant Burkhart grant_burkhart at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 17:11:03 UTC 2020

The only way that I have been able to close the final file before going to
NULL state is to set a custom filesink.  Then I put an event probe of the
pad of the filesink and inject an EOS to the video pad of the splitmuxsink.
I wait until the EOS is received by the event probe before changing the
state.

One of the big problems with restarting the splitmux sink is that it resets
the fragment id to zero, which could mean klobbering files that are already
there.    I modified splitmuxsink so that it takes as an argument the
initial fragment id, and I keep track of the fragment id using the signals
it emits.

One reason why you have to delete and recreate splitmux sink is that it
doesn't reset all of the different times that are kept in the splitmuxsink
structure and the context.  I have tried resetting those times when the
splitmux sink goes to NULL, but I haven't yet made it work smoothly.