NVidia components

Brian Dilley bdilley at penguinpimps.com
Thu Jan 9 03:55:59 UTC 2020

I'm using GStreamer on a Linux EC2 instance with a GPU on Amazon AWS.  I've
verified that a /dev/nvidia0 device exists (it's the p2.xlarge instance)
and is operational.  I've followed the instructions in the NVidia PDF
linked below for setting up the hardware accelerated stuff for GStreamer -
but when i use gst-inspect I do not see any of the OMX plugins, nor any of
the other plugins that support hardware accelerated "stuff" with
GStreamer.  Might there be something I'm missing?  As I write this I see
that the PDF says that it's for the nvidia Jetson hardware - are there any
ways to get it working on an amazon instance?

Here's the PDF:
https://developer.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r31_Release_v1.0/Docs/Accelerated_GStreamer_User_Guide.pdf

Thanks in advance!