relinking branch for recording

killerrats koreysjunkmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 03:06:57 UTC 2020

I was connected to a live camera stream to then write to a file. one branch
of the tee has a fakesink and the other has a muxer and filesink. I let it
unlink and relink the branch for the writing happen every 8-10 seconds. I
get to a point where the relinking and linking has an error. I got about 153
times relink the branch. the error is:

qtmux gstqtmux.c:2780:gst_qt_mux_start_file:<muxer> error: Downstream is not
seekable - will not be able to create a playable file

the whole stream stopped totally. is there a limit on the number of times to
unlink and link the branch?

-----