GStreamer Source Element for Proprietary Security Device

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 02:58:10 UTC 2020

> This is quite common. What we usually do is queue the called back buffer,
> and send them using the create() virtual function. If the queue is empty,
> we wait.
>
> Thank You so much Nicolas for the input. I was overriding just the _fill
virtual function and that was leading to unimaginably large files and
unplayable files with filesink.

I'm at a bit of a loss here on how to go about writing the element. I found
Stirling Westrup's notes here
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Writing-Source-Help-td4667076.html
although I feel referring to a similar source element would be largely
helpful. Is there such an element I can refer to?

The neonhttpsrc and frei0r elements are there but I don't think they are
quite like what I want to do, are they?

Regards
Mandar Joshi
Czar Softech