GStreamer Source Element for Proprietary Security Device

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon Jul 6 12:13:41 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 10:58 PM Mandar Joshi <emailmandar at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is quite common. What we usually do is queue the called back buffer,
>> and send them using the create() virtual function. If the queue is empty,
>> we wait.
>>
>> Thank You so much Nicolas for the input. I was overriding just the _fill
> virtual function and that was leading to unimaginably large files and
> unplayable files with filesink.

I've done this several times in various ways, to share a buffer created in
a callback with create() or fill(). For matroxsrc[0] I used a single mutex
protected buffer, and for kayasrc[1] I've used GAsyncQueue.

[0]:
https://github.com/joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision/blob/master/sys/matrox/gstmatroxsrc.c
[1]:
https://github.com/joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision/blob/master/sys/kaya/gstkayasrc.c