Streaming Ogg Vorbis

Jonas Kvinge jonas at timeoutofmind.net
Tue Jul 14 17:16:29 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm working on a gstreamer based music player.

When streaming Ogg Vorbis from a AirSonic server that have been
transcoded from another audio format using ffmpeg (ie FLAC), I'm getting
the following error:

example command:

gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc ssl-strict=false
location=https://airsonic.jkvinge.net/rest/stream.view\?c=Strawberry\&v=1.11.0\&f=json\&u=admin\&p=xxx\&id=1052
! decodebin ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink device=hw:0,0

=1052 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink device=hw:0,0
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
WARNING: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstOggDemux:oggdemux0:
Could not decode stream.
Additional debug info:
../ext/ogg/gstoggdemux.c(4626): gst_ogg_demux_handle_page ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstOggDemux:oggdemux0:
unknown ogg pad for serial fe5df017 detected

The same streaming URL works in other players.

Airsonic is set to trancode using: ffmpeg -i %s -map 0:0 -b:a %bk -v 0
-f ogg -

Jonas Kvinge