I want to design a source element which can share video frames.

Psychesnet Hsieh psychesnet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 00:34:51 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie on developing gstreamer elements. We have a camera device and
we can access the video frame via ioctl from SDK's function.
We would like to design a source element to share video frames to any
services on the device, is it possible?
For now, we have a daemon(capture) which always does ioctl and access video
frames from the driver. My plan are
1. Create a plugin/source element, every service can create source element
to ask capture deliver video frames. Is it possible? How?
2. Create a shared memory map on capture and write a plugin/source element.
Every service can create a source element to access a shared memory map to
ask frames.
    I think this is possible. Any existing examples?
3. Another better suggestion?

Please give me some advice. Thanks. Regards