I want to design a source element which can share video frames.

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 03:33:47 UTC 2020

Hi,
I've done something similar recently. Could you please go through this
discussion
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2020-July/075481.html
Since this is recent, I should be able to answer any queries you have about
the approach.

For your first question, this is my suggestion
So, create a source element based on GstPushSrc (like neonhttpsrc) and in
the _create function, the following should work.
Map the buffer and write what you need to it. Make sure you set the SRC
CAPS of the element to the correct ones so that a right element to
decode/view the video data can be linked to the source element.

For your second question, I don't think I completely understand it. But
maybe the answer to the first question will allow you to come up with the
answer to the second one.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Regards
Mandar Joshi