I want to design a source element which can share video frames.

Psychesnet Hsieh psychesnet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 12:55:14 UTC 2020

Hi Joshi,

Thanks. First of all, I think I need to describe my question more and we
can fully address what I need. Thanks.

CAPTURE  -> mmap -> service 1
                             | ----> service 2
                             | ----> service 3
Above layout, it is our design for now. We have CAPTURE which always
capture H264 video frames from DSP(via special ioctl, not v4l2).
There are a lot of server X can access H264 video frames at same time. The
middle interface is mmap. It is working now.

Now, we would like to design a source element and it can satisfy following
requirements.
1. All service X still can access H264 video frames at same time.
2. Gstreamer can work with this source element.
3. CAPTURE, for platform, we still need this part which capture H264 video
frames via ioctl.

@Joshi,

According to your reply, I think I still need to keep my mmap and create a
source element which can access mmap and delivery data through whole
pipeline, right?

Thanks. Have a good day. ^^

Mandar Joshi <emailmandar at gmail.com> 於 2020年7月17日 星期五寫道: