Working example of RTMP stream to Gstreamer RTSP server?

John Deutscher John.Deutscher at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 27 23:30:52 UTC 2020

Does anyone know of a working example of sourcing from an RTMP stream in the Gstreamer RTSP server pipeline?
I've tried various options for getting the RTMP source to work in the launch pipeline for the RTSP server

This pipeline appears to start in Gstreamer, but fails when used in the "test-launch" sample for the GStreamer RTSP server.

gst-launch-1.0 -v -m rtmpsrc location=rtmp://<<SOME RTMP STREAM SOURCE>>/live/test ! flvdemux name=demux demux.audio ! queue ! decodebin ! fakesink demux.video ! queue ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=I420 ! x264enc speed-preset=superfast tune=zerolatency bitrate=500 key-int-max=60 ref=2 ! rtph264pay name=pay0

That generates a lot of output with no errors, so I move it to this, which when I connect to the "rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test" output sink in VLC it fails to playback the stream.

./test-launch "(rtmpsrc location=rtmp://<<SOME RTMP STREAM SOURCE>>/live/test ! flvdemux name=demux demux.audio ! queue ! decodebin ! fakesink demux.video ! queue ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=I420 ! x264enc speed-preset=superfast tune=zerolatency bitrate=500 key-int-max=60 ref=2 ! rtph264pay name=pay0)"

Anyone have a working "rtmpsrc" pipeline that they could share?  In addition, I'm looking for a working SRT ingest example as well if you have one of those handy.

Thanks
John Deutscher