Float video media type

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Jun 26 14:30:49 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:46 AM Michał Rudowicz <michal.rudowicz at fl9.eu>
wrote:

> What would be the preferred way to approach this? Thanks in advance for
> help.

I created that issue (a decade ago!), and haven't really found a need for
float, but that's because I'm usually working with raw data, and apply any
radiometric calibrations (i.e., conversion to temperature) outside of
GStreamer. I would probably just stick to the integer images and apply your
own mapping after the fact. If you want to get the floating point values
and still take advantage of GStreamer for processing, I'd probably just
pick a min/max float value and stretch the float to be 16-bit uint (e.g.,
GRAY16_LE).

What interface/framegrabber does this camera use?
-Josh