How really to deploy an app against "uninstalled" gstreamer?

Oleg Krutov oleg.krutov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 15:50:03 UTC 2020

Hello,

system what I need to deploy an app (Debian 9 derivative) has its own
Gstreamer version that's quite old and doesn't have plugins that I
need. I have built Gstreamer 1.17 tarball with cerbero and unpacked it
into some directory on that system. I don't want to touch system'
gstreamer. Is there some description about what to do to make my app
look into these unpacked 1.17 GStreamer libs? Environment variables
etc etc? gst-build can solve a task but it has enormous size.
"gst-uninstalled" script is not available at gitlab anymore.
Thank you!