How really to deploy an app against "uninstalled" gstreamer?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Mar 6 20:06:00 UTC 2020

Le vendredi 06 mars 2020 à 18:50 +0300, Oleg Krutov a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> system what I need to deploy an app (Debian 9 derivative) has its own
> Gstreamer version that's quite old and doesn't have plugins that I
> need. I have built Gstreamer 1.17 tarball with cerbero and unpacked it
> into some directory on that system. I don't want to touch system'
> gstreamer. Is there some description about what to do to make my app
> look into these unpacked 1.17 GStreamer libs? Environment variables
> etc etc? gst-build can solve a task but it has enormous size.
> "gst-uninstalled" script is not available at gitlab anymore.
> Thank you!

The uninstall env is huge and have some impact on startup performance. Perhaps
you want to look at the new libgstreamer-full.so feature that just got merged
into gst-build ? This let you build a self contained GStreamer, all plugins
included that you can initialize and use in your app as it GStreamer was just 1
library. It make use of the meson build system to allow you fine grain control
on what is included. You can even make it statically linked into your
application if you'd prefer a single file kind of app.