souphttpsrc timeout retries not working

umit sivrumit at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 08:51:57 UTC 2020

Hi,

I found out that, retries & timeout parameters of souphttpsrc do not change
anything when source destination is unavailable when pipeline starts. To
test run below:

gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc
location=http://192.168.1.90/axis-cgi/alwaysmulti.sdp?camera=3 retries=-1
timeout=0 ! filesink location=test.bla

Note that address above must be anything unavailable at the time the command
runs to test the case.
You'll see that retries & timeout parameters do not affect anything and
command returns after exactly 15 seconds. Further info: 15 seconds is the
default timeout parameter value.

In the command above, "timeout" value is set to "0", which is no-timeout
value as specified in documentation and "retries" is set to "-1" which is
infinite according to documentation.

I'm running version 1.16, checked change logs for 1.16.1 & 1.16.2 and did
not find any change about this issue.

Please let me know if I'm I'm missing anything.
Thanks in advance,

Umit