How to I enable latencytracer in Python?

Sat May 2 17:01:46 UTC 2020

Hello everybody,

I wanna investigate latency issues in my pipeline!

I found that using Tracers should be the way to go with `latencytracer`,
but ...
I couldn't find any example except using it in `gst-launch-1.0`

GST_DEBUG="GST_TRACER:7" GST_TRACERS=latency(flags=element)

*How would I enable it in a python script? * 🤷‍♂️

GST_TRACERS=latency(flags=element)

Finding a way for debugging wasn't that easy starting from zero.

Gst.debug_set_active(True)
#Gst.debug_set_default_threshold(4)
#Gst.debug_set_threshold_for_name('test*', Gst.DebugLevel.TRACE )
#Gst.debug_set_threshold_for_name("qt*", 5)

But how would I trace the latency for each Element in the current pipe
during runtime, in python?

Thank you in advance.

Michael