question about raspberry camera video straming with gstreamer

apostolis paraschoudis aparashoudis at gmail.com
Thu May 7 19:13:05 UTC 2020

Hello,

Unfortunately I am not an advanced user with raspberries , Gstreamer and
networks and I couldn't find a solution to my problem in several forums (i
couldn't find any dedicated forum for Gstreamer ! ) .
I am trying to transmit video from my rapsberry camera (connected to RPI 3
B+) to my windows laptop through gstreamer.

In my laptop i give the command :
gst-launch-1.0.exe -v udpsrc port=5600 caps=“application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264” !
rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=f

and on my raspberry the command:
raspivid -n -w 1280 -h 720 -b 1000000 -fps 15 -t 0 -o - | gst-launch-1.0 -v
fdsrc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay config-interval=10 pt=96 ! udpsink
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port=5600

With these commands i am able to transmit the video succesfully…However i
get many lost frames and a pixelized video,so when the camera is moving the
image is blurry due to dropped frames
Gstreamer parameters and options are endless and after a lot of searching i
couldn't achieve a better solution. I just got more confused..

Could you advise me the commands i should use to raspberry and laptop in
order to achieve a clean video streaming without dropped frames ?
I would really appreciate any advise that would make possible to stream
video without any dropped frames

Thanks a lot in advance