GST-RTSP-Server + GST Pipelines (not in string/launch sintax)

Mariano Koremblum nicolas.koremblum at globant.com
Fri May 15 18:59:58 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone, I am trying to combine the "basic GST hand-made pipelines" with
gst-rtsp-server. I have to say that I am new in GST, just started using it
two weeks ago, and now I am struggling with this "advanced" problem.

The real struggle is, I need to have individual access to each element of
the pipelines for handling its properties and callbacks. I know this is
possible if the pipeline is handmade element by element and the linking then
and all that stuff. Probably it is also possible using the good old
gst_parse_launch() and then somehow scavenging the pipeline. Doesn't really
mater. Once I have the pipeline and all the handling methods for them and
its elements, I need to attach this pipelines to the gst-rtsp-server
somehow. The problem when I use the gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch() is
that I lose all this capabilities of handling individually each element of
each pipeline.

I have run into some similar questions but weren't very clarifying or maybe
is it that I am not really used to this library yet.

If someone can help me, I promise to somehow make a good simple example for
future generations that may have the same problem and upload it for
everyone.

Thanks in advance to you all :)