GST-RTSP-Server + GST Pipelines (not in string/launch sintax)

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Sat May 16 00:33:26 UTC 2020

Hi Mariano

What you can do is subclass GstRTSPMediaFactory and implement the “create_pipeline” virtual method. The default implementation is to create an empty pipeline and have the media “take” it. Here’s the relevant code:

https://github.com/GStreamer/gst-rtsp-server/blob/5d8abd9bfd3bbf8ae31b0c8970bf1338dc56a593/gst/rtsp-server/rtsp-media-factory.c#L1736

In your implementation, besides doing this, you’d save a reference to this pipeline, which will be eventually filled with the required elements. Later on, you can grab references to these elements by using gst_bin_get_by_name. You may want to attach to the “prepared” signal to be notified when the pipeline is ready to be used.

Hope it helps!

Michael
www.ridgerun.com