Request for guidance on improving GstDiscoverer

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Tue May 19 19:58:42 UTC 2020

I am interesting in adding some features to the GstDiscoverer, to allow it
to operate in a mode which could discover more information about a media
file.

For example, I would like it to discover:

   - For each stream
      - Duration
      - First Timestamp
      - Last Timestamp
      - Framerate variance
      - Framerate min
      - Framerate max
      - Any changes to screen geometry, and the time at which this change
      occurred

I am particularly interested in the highlighted item.

Can anyone provide pointers as to how I would go about detecting the
changes in screen geometry (and the relevant timestamp).  Details would be
nice.