video sink by window ID

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Fri May 22 12:09:27 UTC 2020

Hi

Is there a way to make a gstreamer video sink display video in another
application using the X11 Window id as identifier pretty much the same way
mplayer is using its '-wid' parameter to send video to another applications
window/frame like a Tk frame. I think SDL can do it too, but probably only
on X11 platforms.

And can it be made to work with CLI version of gst-launch-1.0 ?

I have checked the ximagesink, the xvimagesink and the glimagesink, but
they do not have a window id parameter.

Google search on subject for GStreamer, but maybe I am looking for the
wrong keywords.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Maersk-Moller