Macs with Apple Silicon

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 04:18:14 UTC 2020

GStreamer builds fine for other ARM targets (iOS arm64, android's
armv7/arm64, Windows UWP arm64 and Linux arm with various embedded
boards and distributions).

The only question is how different the apple silicon architecture is
from the existing arm targets which requires trying out and fixing any
issues that pop up.

I would also assume that Apple is reusing the same fat-binary library
architecture for arm64/x86_64 as they use for iOS so e.g. building
packages with the cerbero build system should not be overly complicated
to do either.

If you get something working using
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/> we'd be happy to