Macs with Apple Silicon

Andy Robinson andy at seventhstring.com
Wed Nov 4 09:22:28 UTC 2020

Thank you to all who replied. I think my first question remains
unanswered though:

Has anyone tried using the current binary Mac build of GStreamer in
Rosetta 2?

And, given that ARM builds are not a problem, will the binary Mac build
of GStreamer be built as universal binary in the future (when?). Apple
do indeed say that this is how it's done with frameworks, see
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/building_a_universal_macos_binary

I don't yet have an Apple Silicon machine myself, but will let you know
when I try it.

Regards,
Andy Robinson, Seventh String Software, www.seventhstring.com