RTSP server - only encode video once

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 11:00:42 UTC 2020

Hello,

I wish to implement a streaming server. However, in all examples, it appears
that the factory's pipeline contains the h264 encoder in all of the
examples.
I find this to be quite redundant, as we only really need to encode the
video once.

So my idea was to create a pipeline which encodes the video and ends with a
tee (and also a fakesink).
Then, I created a rtsp media factory which was "/queue name=queue%d !
rtph264pay name=pay%d/".
Then I tried to connect the /media-constructed/ signal to a callback. I
hoped to be able to add that bin that was constructed to my pipeline after
the tee element.

I got some errors and I'm not sure if I'm doing something I shouldn't or if
I made a mistake in my implementation.

Anyone knows if it's possible?

Thanks