Howto create a new plugin

Nicholas Butts nbutts at appareo.com
Sun Nov 15 15:58:40 UTC 2020

I've been reading through and following the plug-in writer page:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugin-development/index.html?gi-language=c

I've also been looking through and attempted to use the gst-element-maker
script. I do have my plugin building after modifying the follow files:
modified:   configure.ac
modified:   gst/meson.build
modified:   meson_options.txt

and creating my own plugins meson.build and Makefile.am file.

I see some files modified in the docs directory for other plugins. What is
the correct thing to do with those doc files?

Nick Butts

Director, Technology Development/Proof of Concept

Appareo Systems

1810 NDSU Research Circle N, Fargo, ND 58102 USA

Main +1-701-356-2200 Fax +1-701-356-3157

nbutts at appareo.com  www.appareo.com

NOTICE: This message {including attachments} is covered by the Electronic
Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2521, is CONFIDENTIAL
and may also be protected by ATTORNEY-CLIENT OR OTHER PRIVILEGE. If you
believe that it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention,
prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message
in error and then delete it.