Video file create with Gstreamer can't be played by Slack

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Nov 26 18:15:31 UTC 2020

Le mercredi 18 novembre 2020 à 00:08 -0600, omer.tal a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I was using the following pipeline to record my screen, and share it on
> Slack, but it couldn't be played without actually downloading the file and
> play it with external media player:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -e ximagesrc endx=1920 ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux !
> filesink location=OSD.mp4

Perhaps that would work better in major browsers:

  ... ! x264enc ! video/x-h264,profile=constrained-baseline ! mp4mux ! filesink
location=...

Basically chose a more widely supported encoding profile (otherwise you might
get high-444, which is not supported by any browser) and produce a fast-start
variant of ISOMP4 (headers first), rather then hiding a MPEG TS into a .mp4
file.