Installing plugins from fork, onto install that was not from source

Moiz moiz at playpixel.app
Sun Oct 11 03:35:50 UTC 2020

I have installed gstreamer on my windows machine using chocolatey.

I have forked the gst-plugins-bad, and made some additions to suit my use
case.

How can I add these changes to my current gstreamer install?

I have tried the following,

Installing meson, and ninja

cloning the fork, and running meson setup C:\gstreamer\1.0\mingw_x86_64

However I get the error "first statement must be a call to a project",
running from winscreen cap directory which is in sys directory of plugins
bad

I then tried to build the whole plugins bad but get the following error:
Subproject directory not found and gstreamer.wrap file not found

What am I doing wrong, How do I get it to work?