Need help using gst-play and gst-launch

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 13:14:46 UTC 2020

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 09:45, gst_kwr <kniwor at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was also not able to understand the suggestion from Tony above, or how I
> can use the pipeline graphs provided to help myself.

I thought you might be able to trace the paths the buffers take and sketch
out a simplified version with the complicated details removed.

I've had another idea though, because the playbin element has a suburi
property which seems to do exactly what you want. However, you need to add
your audio amplification stage to that. Could it be as simple as `playbin
... audio-sink=amplifier ! audioamplify name=amplifier ...`? If not you'll
have to write some code to construct the pipeline and set the property.
Failing that, could you possibly set up your pulseaudio/alsa/whatever
config to do the amplification instead? If not, I suggest running such a
playbin pipeline and generate pipeline graphs
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/debugging-tools.html#getting-pipeline-graphs>
you
could study instead of mine.

--