Meson build failing(not completing) on windows server 2019

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 07:35:13 UTC 2020

Hi,

Cerbero outputs both MSIs and MSM files. Same as what's on the
download page. gst-build can be used on Windows, but you will get
fewer plugins and things generally aren't as well-tested for
deployment. Cerbero is the recommended way if all you want to do is
build and deploy.

Last I checked, Windows Server 2019 was missing a bunch of runtime
DLLs for things like wasapi, d3d11, mediafoundation, etc. You may need
to install VC runtimes for those. You should debug why plugins aren't
getting loaded using https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies which also
has a commandline tool. When something doesn't work, you should try to
figure out why before trying something different, otherwise you're
probably just going to be hitting the same issue from different
directions ;)

Cheers,
Nirbheek