Problems with more than one client when using gst-rtsp-server

BrunoArantes brunoaamello at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:20:38 UTC 2020

My application requires that I receive video from a camera, connected via
serial(USB) and create a rtsp stream for at least 2 clients.
I used the example code test-appsrc.c as a base for my code.

The application works when there is only one client connected.
The problem is: the second client takes a long time to connect and only
updates a few frames every around 8 to 10 seconds.

This behavior does not happen when I run the example.

Has anyone encountered something similar to that?

Some information which may be relevant:

The image is a 120X160 GRAY8.
The framerate is approximately 14 fps, some frames may be lost in the serial
communication.
I am using a raspberry pi 3b+.
GStreamer version: 1.14.4

My factory pipeline is as follows: appsrc name=mysrc ! videoconvert
n-threads=3 ! x264enc bitrate=512 speed-preset=ultrafast threads=3
sliced-threads=true ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96

My appsrc "caps" property is: gst_caps_new_simple("video/x-raw", "is-live",
G_TYPE_BOOLEAN, true,"format", G_TYPE_STRING, "GRAY8","width", G_TYPE_INT,
user_data->width,"height", G_TYPE_INT, user_data->height,"framerate",
GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 0, 1, NULL)