appsink ignoring playback rate set with seek event

Alejandro González alejandro.gonzalez.correo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 11:39:01 UTC 2020

Whew, another message, but I have good news: I found an acceptable way to
make this work!

After reading again the documentation for the "speed" filter at
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/speed/index.html?gi-language=c#speed,
which by its description should do what I want but has a scary warning
reading "do not use this element", I decided to give the "pitch" element,
documented here, a try:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/soundtouch/pitch.html?gi-language=c#pitch.
I tried using it yesterday, but I was so dazed that I didn't realize that it
is a part of the bad GStreamer plugins package, which I didn't have
installed, so it didn't work. After installing the needed package for my
distro, plugging the pitch element to my pipeline, removing the seek event
and configuring the pitch element with equal "pitch" and "tempo" properties,
the appsink generates an audio stream with the desired speed, tempo and
pitch.

Maybe the appsink/muxer/encoder should support the seek rate properly, but
for now I'm satisfied with this. Thanks!