blank the screen at will

Gary Metalle Gary.Metalle at rvl.co.uk
Thu Oct 29 12:56:45 UTC 2020

Hi

Is it possible to easily blank the screen at will? i.e. send something to a sink to stop it displaying the last frame it had?

I have two use cases for this:

1. For a VOIP application at the end of a video call (or if the call is placed on hold) the last frame of the video remains on the LCD indefinitely. I tend to use sync=false on my sink btw. I would like to blank the screen after the video has finished.

2. When I don't have anything better to display on the screen, I display the current time using the clockoverlay. I pause this pipeline when I want to display video from a call but again, this still displays the last frame until the video appears and overwrites the display.

I am using an imx6 platform which has some custom Freescale sinks using the GPU and they generally have a 'clear-at-null' property which will blank the screen when the pipeline goes NULL. This is good when the application shuts down, but I don't generally set my pipeline states to NULL but to PAUSED.

Regards.

Gary.